Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.
Carlton Miniott Primary Academy News
The latest news stories from Carlton Miniott Primary Academy.
- Year 6 Residential at Kingswood Activity Centre - 15th to 19th May '23
Year 6 have just had the best week on residential doing many challenging and adventurous activities such as: climbing, raft building, canoeing, laser tag and archery...to name but a few!
- Year 3 Trip to Roseberry Topping - 16th May '23
Year 3 became mini mountaineers for the day when they bravely climbed Roseberry Topping in aid of Cleveland Mountain Rescue.
- Year 1 Trip to Herb Farm - 10th May '23
Class 1 had a wonderful time at Herbs Unlimited, discovering how land is used locally and learning about how plants grow.
- Year 4 East Barnby Residential Visit - Weds 3rd to Fri 5th May
The Year 4 Residential Visit to East Barnby was enjoyed by all the children. They were all fantastic and worked so well to help each other in all the different outdoor activities they took part in.
- Sports Hall Athletics Years 3 and 4 - Thursday 27th April
Pupils from Years 3 and 4 recently took part in the Sports Hall Athletics against other local schools. They all took part with enthusiasm and enjoyed their afternoon’s competition.
- Multiskills Competition (Yrs 1 & 2) - Thursday 20th April
Well done to the Yrs 1/2 children who took part in the Multiskills Competition.
They all enjoyed their afternoon of sport.
- Class R Visit to Thorp Perrow - Tuesday 28th March
We explored the beautiful grounds of Thorp Perrow. We enjoyed the daffodil walkways, climbed trees, hunted for lost teddies, spotted fish and a crocodile in the lake and we met the owls, the goats and the wallabies .
- Year 4 Visit to Fountains Abbey and Ripon Cathedral - Monday 27th March
This trip was a brilliant conclusion to our 'Fountains Abbey' topic, and we were very lucky with the weather!
The children did plenty of exploring and it was a fantastic day!
- Year Visit to Ripon Museums - Monday 27th March
Class 6 visited the Ripon Museums to celebrate the end of their Victorian history topic. We started the day at the Prison and Police museum, then we visited the Old Courthouse and finally we spent some time in the Workhouse.
- Year 5 Brass Concert - Monday 27th March
After 12 weeks of practising on the trumpet or trombone, we had the pleasure of listening to the Year 5 children perform their pieces to an audience. They performed as a class, in trios and some were brave enough to play solo.